Creatine Pills v Powder?
Question: Creatine Pills v Powder? Answer: Powder.
For most people, the answer will be that simple. Although there may be specific reasons someone would opt for taking creatine in pill form rather than powder.
What is Creatine?
Creatine is a compound found naturally in humans.
Also, many foods common in most people’s diets contain creatine.
Creatine boosts ATP production within the cells.
95% of creatine is located within the skeletal muscles with the other 5% found in the brain.
Creatine is the most well-researched supplement there is with thousands of studies being done on it over the past few decades. These studies show consistent data of tremendous benefit for athletes and weight-lifters whilst posing minimal to no health risk.
Foods That Contain Creatine (Creatine per 100g)
Scientifically Proven Benefits
Creatine Pills v Powder
When Should I Take Creatine?
The time in which creatine is taken during the day does not have a significant effect on its effectiveness.
More importantly, those who take a creatine supplement should do so consistently. For creatine to work to its fullest potential, creatine should be taken every day, including off days.
While studies are inconclusive, some studies show data that suggests creatine is most effective when taken shortly after performing a workout.
Risks of Creatine Pills v Powder
While there are an overwhelming number of studies stating that creatine supplements have minimal risk involved, there are factors to consider.
Some prescription medications taken in conjunction with creatine can put additional strain on the liver.
Medications Such As:
Some individuals who suffer from asthma have experienced worsened symptoms and increased inflammation when taking creatine.
It is very important to consult with a medical professional before taking a new supplement due to everyone’s unique medical conditions.
While taking creatine, it is important to stay hydrated and stay consistent with dosage.
Who Should Be Taking Creatine?
Creatine can be a beneficial supplement for just about anyone.
Although, taking creatine makes the most sense for athletes looking to improve their performance and weightlifters. Both athletes and gymgoers will experience the benefits creatine provide if taken correctly.
High School football players may want to consider taking creatine due to its potential ability (found in recent studies) to help prevent concussions. Creatine supplements’ neurological effects do not stop there.
Newer studies are revealing a potential neuroprotective property that creatine possesses. This feature is linked to preventing the development of diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Creatine supplementation is also thought to improve short-term memory and overall brain function.
Due to creatine’s potential neurological benefits, who should be taking the supplement may extend past athletes and weightlifters.
Creatine, when taken correctly, is scientifically proven to have significant benefits. The supplement has minimal health risks and makes a lot of sense to use for many individuals who want to take their performance to the next level.
When it comes to the question: Creatine Better in Pills v Powder?
My answer would be powder. Due simply to the fact that in most cases it is easier on the wallet than creatine pills.
That being said, it depends on what is important to you. Pills could be the better option for you.
In terms of effectiveness and results, both creatine powder and creatine pill will work the same (taking the same amount). It comes down to preference and how you value each option’s pros and cons.
Save Big On Creatine v Powder
- National Library of Medicine – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6279854/
- My Protein – https://us.myprotein.com/thezone/supplements/creatine-pills-vs-powder-which-better/
- Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children – https://www.arnoldpalmerhospital.com/content-hub/should-i-let-my-teen-use-creatine
- Off-Season Athlete – https://offseasonathlete.com/benefits-of-creatine-for-teen-athletes/
- American Academy of Pediatrics – https://publications.aap.org/pediatrics/article-abstract/108/2/421/63924/Creatine-Use-Among-Young-Athletes?
- USADA – https://www.usada.org/spirit-of-sport/education/athletes-need-know-creatine/
- Mayo Clinic – https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-creatine/art-20347591#:~:text=Creatine